• Informed? Yes, Maybe Too Much

Sep 11, 2012 - 07:13:35 AM

" (even though no tornado was confirmed). " YOU GUYS SAID ON AIR "confirmed tornado" at one point during that looooooooooooooooong storm coverage that day. You folks were maybe a little too jumpy, and that long live coverage was totally unecessary.

• Scrolling Bar or Radar Picture In Picture

Sep 11, 2012 - 07:14:54 AM

Would have been much better. When people talk for more than 10-15 minutes, you begin to lose interest. I know many of us changed the channel.

• Customers

Sep 11, 2012 - 10:43:49 AM

I hope you listen to your viewing customers next time. Almost all of us have technology and can check this information on our phones, tablets or computers. You also have the live doppler radar on television. The 90 minute rant was totally not needed, and many people were angry you interrupted their afternoons watching college football. I, for one, was one of them.

• You guys...

Sep 11, 2012 - 10:53:37 AM

Did a fantastic job. I didn't have the internet that day, nor did I have any reception on my smart phone and just yesterday I bought a NOAA radio. Don't listen to the rest, they're just frustrated because of damn football.

• Pachacutec

Sep 11, 2012 - 01:56:08 PM

To me the graph looks too much like the allergy level graph (mold level, grass pollen, etc). A scrolling bar and/or radar picture would be good. As to interrupting a football game? the weather has been SO weird and unpredictable the past few years, I personally would much rather hear if there's a strong tornado risk in my area and lose a few minutes' coverage of a football game.

• NoVa

Sep 11, 2012 - 03:20:54 PM

I don't know, I don't like the graph above like Pachacutec said. I understand it, but I think it could be confusing to general public. It takes a while to see what it's saying. When talking to the general public who do not know much about this stuff, I would use something like this: http://blogs.wdtn.com/files/2012/01/SWI.jpg

• MORE COMMENTS