• vinniegambini

Nice jacket Bob!

• Mariah

Feb 08, 2013 - 09:40:07 AM

Blizzard of 03? Or 13?

• Mariah

Feb 08, 2013 - 09:40:36 AM

Loved this blog!!!! Thanks for posting!!

• WJLA

Feb 08, 2013 - 09:43:15 AM

Thanks for the this step back in history. I was 4 in 1978 and lived in southern VA; so, I don't have much recollection of snowstorms until 1979 or 1980. The biggest snow event of my recollection is 6/Feb/10 and the 2nd dumping a few days later (27-28 inches in our part of MD).

• Brockton

Feb 08, 2013 - 10:04:37 AM

Thanks for the memories Bob. I lived in Brockton, MA at the time and remember it well - I was 8 years old. We had 4 feet of snow outside of our home and our mom wouldn't let us go outside because she said it was too dangerous. All I wanted to do was play, play, play. Remember all of the "I survived the Blizzard of '78" T-shirts?

• Mo

Feb 08, 2013 - 11:28:42 AM

I’m remembering that snow very well. There was three feet of snow outside of my sliding glass door. I was far along in my pregnancy and worried about going into labor and not being able to get to the hospital. But, I do believe that the snow we had a few years back was the worst I have ever seen and I’m from Chicago.

• Angel

Feb 08, 2013 - 12:37:02 PM

Thanks for sharing your memories. I remember this one well. I was 13 and my parents got stranded out on 128. They found a family in Canton, complete strangers, who took them in & helped my mother get her meds till she could get home to us a few days later. We had 4 ft of snow & 6+ft drifts in our yard.

• StevoF

Feb 08, 2013 - 02:56:26 PM

I remember that storm living in the Hudson Valley in New York. No real blizzard there but lots of snow. I remember the roof a local car dealership collapsed. We were out of school for 3 days which was unusual for that area.

• PCJohn

Feb 08, 2013 - 03:40:27 PM

I was a junior at Providence College at the time. I remember the storm 3 weeks before which was a bad one too but we didn't miss school over it. The blizzard of "78 though closed us down for a week. That following Saturday we played North Carolina in basketball (who were one of the top teams in the country) in a nationally televised game. We all had to walk from campus to downtown to go to the game. This was 4 days after the storm ended! Only about 5000 people were able to get to the game (we usually had 12000+ fans). We won the game and had quite a celebration afterwards. A clip of the game can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J07iz4ZwwoU

• PHD3

Feb 08, 2013 - 06:09:38 PM

Bob, Love that piece- I will never forget being a senior at BC and after the storm doing summersaults out of our 3rd floor apartment into the drifts onto Beacon Street-School and the City were shut down for a week-The Nat'l guard and the students of Boston took over the city-I still have these great photos of hanging out for that fantastic week- I will never forget going to a blizzard party and my buddy showing me a ticket he received for $500 because he got caught driving down Comm. Avenue-it was the best of times for me and a storm I will never forget !! Thanks for the weather perspective- It really sheds light on the influence of technology-No I didn't have a cell phone or an i-pod--just a lot of fun - good stuff- Love your work

• MORE COMMENTS