- Department: News
- Hiring Manager: Mitch Jacob
Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse.. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJLA-TV/NewsChannel 8 is looking for several Traffic Reporters. Must be comfortable on-air, know or be able to quickly learn the Washington, DC area’s roads and operate traffic computer equipment.
• Execute live presentations at a chroma screen to tell visual stories
• Develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts
• Develop, write and edit enterprise news stories under deadline
• Proficiency with digital platforms including social media and website
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Must have on-air experience in broadcasting
• Must have 4 year degree in Journalism or related field
If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online using the link below:
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Before applying for this position, you should know a few things about working on this team:
- You will be joining a specialty media company with very powerful and positive buzz in the marketplace.
- If you like a fast paced environment with lots of opportunities to grow your capabilities and career and would like to help establish a groundbreaking new media company, we may be the perfect place for you.
Send resume to See Description
- or -
Send resume to Human Resources Department,
1100 Wilson Blvd. Arlington, VA 22209
NO PHONE CALLS EEO,M/F.
It is the Station's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national, origin, sex, or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law, in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination. Also it is the Station's policy to promote the realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex and any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.