Hazmat teams detected traces of freon on at least three of the building's upper floors.
A longtime engineer at Washington Hospital Center died after being overcome by fumes while responding to a freon leak on the hospital's campus Sunday afternoon.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Starting Monday, September 15th, ABC7 is giving you MORE news in your afternoons with an extra hour, an hour earlier! Join ABC7's Leon Harris and Alison Starling for what's trending in your community and world. Starting Monday, September 15th at 4pm right after "The Queen Latifah Show" at 3pm.