ABC7 StormWatch with Doug Hill and Jacqui Jeras
7 Day Forecast
3/7/2014High: 46°Low: 31°
Rest of This Afternoon - Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Tonight - Mostly cloudy in the evening...then clearing. Lows around 30. North winds 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of Precip 0% Wind NNE at 8 mph Humidity (midday) 75% Dewpoint (midday) 29° Wind Chill (midday) 45° Sunrise 6:31 AM EST Sunset 6:07 PM EST Moonrise 10:26 AM EST Moonset 12:06 AM EST
3/8/2014High: 58°Low: 38°
Saturday - Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Night - Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Chance of Precip 0% Wind WNW at 6 mph Humidity (midday) 44% Dewpoint (midday) 34° Wind Chill (midday) 58° Sunrise 6:30 AM EST Sunset 6:08 PM EST Moonrise 11:13 AM EST Moonset 1:00 AM EST
3/9/2014High: 52°Low: 36°
Sunday - Partly sunny in the morning...then clearing. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Night - Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s.
Chance of Precip 0% Wind NNW at 8 mph Humidity (midday) 47% Dewpoint (midday) 29° Wind Chill (midday) 52° Sunrise 7:28 AM EDT Sunset 7:09 PM EDT Moonrise 1:02 PM EDT Moonset 3:50 AM EDT
3/10/2014High: 59°Low: 40°
Monday - Partly sunny. Highs around 60. Monday Night - Mostly cloudy. Lows around 40.
Chance of Precip 0% Wind West at 6 mph Humidity (midday) 45% Dewpoint (midday) 33° Wind Chill (midday) 59° Sunrise 7:27 AM EDT Sunset 7:10 PM EDT Moonrise 1:54 PM EDT Moonset 3:35 AM EDT
3/11/2014High: 65°Low: 40°
Tuesday - Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Tuesday Night - Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 30s.
Chance of Precip 0% Wind SW at 4 mph Humidity (midday) 54% Dewpoint (midday) 42° Wind Chill (midday) 65° Sunrise 7:25 AM EDT Sunset 7:11 PM EDT Moonrise 2:47 PM EDT Moonset 4:15 AM EDT
3/12/201450%High: 49°Low: 27°
Wednesday - Rain likely. Highs in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday Night - Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain or snow. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.
Chance of Precip 50% Wind East at 0 mph Humidity (midday) 67% Dewpoint (midday) 36° Wind Chill (midday) 49° Sunrise 7:24 AM EDT Sunset 7:12 PM EDT Moonrise 3:42 PM EDT Moonset 4:52 AM EDT
3/13/201430%High: 40°Low: 21°
Thursday - Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s.
Chance of Precip 30% Wind NW at 9 mph Humidity (midday) 42% Dewpoint (midday) 16° Wind Chill (midday) 34° Sunrise 7:22 AM EDT Sunset 7:13 PM EDT Moonrise 4:38 PM EDT Moonset 5:26 AM EDT
(Note: Hover over day of week for more details)
Today's Forecast Updated Friday at 3:30 PM
Milder weekend ahead which includes a spring forward one hour ahead Saturday night before heading to bed.
- Partly Cloudy, Chilly
- Lows: 20s to Low 30s
- Wind: NW 4-8 m.p.h.
- Plenty of Sunshine, Milder
- Highs: Mid 50s
- Wind: W 4-8 m.p.h.
- Stray Morning Shower, then Partly Cloudy
- Highs: Around 50
- Wind: NW 5-10 m.p.h.
As it turned out, the big storm south of Washington left us pretty much alone….good riddance! Clearing skies are in the forecast tonight. Sunshine will return tomorrow with highs quickly climbing into the middle 50s. A cold front will cross the area before sunrise on Sunday and may produce a few showers…rain showers. But skies will be partly cloudy during the day on Sunday with slightly cooler temperatures. Expect a high around 50 degrees on Sunday afternoon.
Monday and Tuesday are looking spectacular. Skies will be partly cloudy both days with a high of 60 degrees on Monday and into the lower 60s on Tuesday. Somewhat cooler air will return to the region later next week.