ABC7 StormWatch with Doug Hill and Jacqui Jeras
StormWatch 7 HD Maps: National Radar
- National Satellite/Radar
- Regional Satellite/Radar
- Flood Watches & Warnings
- Severe Storm Watches & Warnings
- Regional Temps
Today's Forecast Updated Friday at 1:00 PM
More rain showers expected today and tomorrow with some sunshine finally on Sunday!
- This Afternoon:
- Clouds, Some Sun, Scattered Showers/Storms
- Temperatures: Middle 80s
- Precipitation: 40%
- Shower/Storm Possible, Muggy/Cloudy
- Temperatures: 70s
- Wind: SE 5-10 mph
- Gray, Damp & Not as Warm, Off/On Showers
- Temperatures: Around 80°
- Precipitation: 40%
- So the weather pattern hasn't really changed whatsoever and we are stuck in the same sultry air mass that we have pretty much experienced all week. Temperatures today, with peeks of sunshine here and there, will approach 90 degrees once again. Scattered showers and possibly a thunderstorm can be expected first after the morning rush if some of the precipitation in West Virginia holds together, and then again through the afternoon hours and into the first part of the evening. The pattern will begin to break down tomorrow but we will still have the transition day ahead of us which will bring cloud cover throughout the day (thanks to the easterly flow) as well as a chance of showers through the day, and again, possibly a thunderstorm. Temperatures on your Saturday, due to the cloud cover will only top out in the upper 70s/lower 80s. By Sunday afternoon we could finally get some sunshine in the region. Sunday looks dry as humidity begins to drop off! High pressure continues to build in for Monday and through at least Wednesday, bringing a return to sunny and dry conditions. Next chance of rain looks to be Thursday night into Friday.
ABC7 Weather Blog Your Forecast from StormWatch 7
The gloomy and gray weather will continue through the week but when can we expect the sunshine?
Just how cool has August been so far?
After a gorgeous couple of days, the heat, high humidity and daily rain chances will return into next week.