ABC7 StormWatch with Doug Hill and Jacqui Jeras
StormWatch 7 HD Maps: Regional Satellite
- National Satellite/Radar
- Regional Satellite/Radar
- Flood Watches & Warnings
- Severe Storm Watches & Warnings
- Regional Temps
Today's Forecast Updated Monday at 11:10 PM
A Winter Storm Warning now in effect for the metropolitan area.
- Mostly Cloudy and Cold With Snow Before Dawn
- Lows: Upper 20s to Low 30s
- Wind: N 4-8 m.p.h.
- Snow...heavy at times. Ending during the afternoon.
- Highs: 30-33
- Snow: 3-5" Warning Area 2-4" Elsewhere
- Mostly Sunny and Cold
- Highs: Mid 30s
- Wind: NW 5-10 m.p.h.
- A Winter Storm Warning has been posted for the entire metro area from 3 a.m. until 2 p.m. Tuesday. ALL OTHER AREAS REMAIN UNDER THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY.
The snow may begin a bit earlier -- perhaps 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. in the metro area. Computer models are now making a good case for the heaviest snow to be concentrated in the areas now under the warning.
Driving will be difficult. The areas most likely to have it the easiest time will be in Southern Maryland, The Northern Neck and counties south of Stafford. Fortunately, this will be a fairly fast moving system and the snow will taper off and then end during the afternoon.
ABC7 Weather Blog Your Forecast from StormWatch 7
A Winter Storm Watch is in effect for the majority of the D.C. area from late tonight through Tuesday afternoon.
Slick and slushy roads this morning. Precipitation gradually tapering off this afternoon.
Here is everything we expect from the timing to accumulations across the D.C. area on Sunday.